Fostering positive body image and healthy eating habits in the age of social media
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
- Wednesdsay, January 10th, 6:30-8:30pm.
- Presentation will begin at 7:00pm.
- Space is limited. Reservations will be taken in the order they are received.
- Suggested donations starting at $25.
- 100% of admission proceeds and 10% of proceeds will be donated to The Westchester County Food Bank.
- Jennie J. Kramer, MSW, LCSW-R, is the Founder and Executive Director of Metro Behavioral Health Associates Eating Disorders Centers located in Scarsdale and in NYC and is co-author of “Overcoming Binge Eating for DUMMIES” for the popular series. Jennie has been treating people of all ages with disordered eating for more than 15 years and has lectured extensively on the topic. She offers practical guidance on how parents can help themselves and their children navigate social pressures while developing and sustaining a positive self-image and a healthy relationship to food.
- Ilyse Schapiro, MS, RD, CDN is a Registered Dietitian and Certified Dietetic Nutritionist with offices in Westchester, NY and Greewich, CT. She is the co-author of "Should I Scoop Out My Bagel." Ilyse's nutrition philosophy is all about keeping eating fun and easy, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods. She firmly believes that simple, easy to adapt, lifestyle changes can lead to a healthier, happier self.